Sicomin Surf Clear EVO epoxy system is:
- specially formulated for the manufacturing of surf boards.
- suitable for hand lay up of glass, carbon, aramid, natural and synthetic fibers.
- compatible with all commercial foams: polystyrene, polyurethane, cross-linked & linear PVC foams and others.
- compatible with all typical fillers used in the surf Industry. Characteristics:
High mechanical performance epoxy system recommended for surfboard production.
Yields surfboards with a flexible touch, high temperature and UV stability.
High surface and' plug finishing, for high gloss requirement.
Other applications: surf repairs, fin boxes & plugs, pattern and model coating, etc...
Low odor and reduced skin aggression for a better work environment. Hardeners:
3 hardeners EVO are available with the same mixing 2 / 1 ratio by volume.
- Medium hardener is designed for big boards or high ambient temperature applications (over 35 °C).
- Fast hardener is designed for classic boards In mild temperature working conditions (around 20"C).
- Super-Fast hardener is designed for fast lamination, gloss and repairs or low temperature application conditions. Advices for application:
Work in a clean environment with heating facility.
Ideal working temperature from 18 °C to 30 °C.
Maintain a constant temperature during lamination.
Avoid high ambient humidity.
Avoid exposure to U.V. during the cure. Laminates and coatings benefitting from a sun free post cure or polymerized for at least 7 days at 18°C will obtain greater U.V. resistance and mechanical properties
Do not dilute with solvents. Please consult our technical assistance.
The use of compatible pigments is possible.
Keep packaging well-sealed as hardeners are sensitive to carbonic gas and humidity.
A polyurethane or other top coat paint can (for best UV protection) be applied, without primer, after sanding the final
layer of Surf Clear EVO. *SICOMIN Is heavily involved in green chemistry. When technology and availability of raw materials allows, we choose raw materials from biomass sourcing. Surf Clear EVO epoxy resin is manufactured with a green carbon content of 40 %. *Hardeners react with carbon dioxide and moisture. Need to be kept in its original closed container. Avoid to a maximum any contact with air. If the aspect becomes cloudy, do not use.
Epoxy resin Surf Clear EVO
| Aspect|| Liquid|
| Color|| Light purple|
| Color Gardner|| 2 maximum|
| Viscosity (mPa.s)|| @ 15°C|| 5100 ± 1020|
| || @ 20°C|| 2700 ± 540|
| || @ 25°C|| 1550 ± 310|
| || @ 30°C|| 950 ± 190|
| || @ 40°C|| 400 ± 80|
| Density|| @ 20°C|| 1.18 ± 0.01|
| Refractive index|| @ 25°C|| 1.5452|
| Storage stability|| Ambiant|| 2 years minimum. Cristalization free|
| Ref|| SD EVO Medium|| SD EVO Fast|| SD EVO Super Fast|
| Aspect / Colour|| Clear liquid|| Clear liquid|| Clear liquid|
| Color Gardner|| 1 max|| 1 max|| 1 max|
| Viscosity (mPa.s)|| @ 15°C|| 215 ± 45|| 450 ± 90|| 650 ± 130|
| || @ 20°C|| 145 ± 30|| 290 ± 60|| 400 ± 80|
| || @ 25°C|| 100 ± 20|| 190 ± 40|| 270 ± 54|
| || @ 30°C|| 70 ± 15|| 130 ± 25|| 180 ± 36|
| || @ 40°C|| 40 ± 10|| 68 ± 15|| 90 ± 18|
| Storage stability|| 15 to 25°C|| 24 months|
| Density|| @ 20°C|| 0.992|| 1.006|| 1.022|
| Refractive index|| @ 25°C|| 1.5118|| 1.5181|| 1.5234|